Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras plans

The feast before the fast.... ahhhh... Mardi Gras.

I will drink soda.  I will eat sweets.  Dinner will be home made pizza with extra cheese, a pound of sausage, and pepperoni.  There will be no salad but instead I will make chicken buffalo dip and chocolate chip cookies.

Then Wednesday will begin Lent.  I'm really looking forward to it, actually.  I've been wanting to do meatless Fridays throughout the year but have been really bad about it.  I'm hoping Lent will give me a good running start.  I'm excited about the other things I'm planning on doing, the things the Holy Spirit has laid before me.  Of course, it's not so much that I feel excited to sacrifice, but my experience with James taught me a lot of things, one of them being the fruitfulness of suffering.  I consider it a joy to be united with my God and His redemptive mission. 

That may not be my first reaction every time to suffering, but by God's grace I'm coming closer.

2 comments:

Mia Jude said...

My mardis gras: Icecream with oreos, a few more homemade cookies, diet pop, Glee, alone time with the hubby, and another cookie =) Now I'm excited for Lent. Bring on the sacrifices!

Jude and Alisha said...

I feel the same way about meatless Fridays year round, too. I'm hoping the transition will be easier for us... we sure love our meat.