Monday, September 10, 2007

A visit from the wonderful A

This past weekend was very full but very good.


We had our first youth group meeting and it went very well.
There was a family dinner for my sister-in-law's bday.
Saturday morning was spent working on the house.


And the best of all (for me) is that last night my friend A came over for dinner. She is another admissions counselor, lives and works in another state, and we met rather randomly on the road last fall. There are some very nice people who do this job, but often times I feel like I don't have much in common with them.

Not so with A: interesting, fun, straight-forward and a godly woman - I look for her at fairs so we can eat dinner together and walk out together. I so badly wanted to invite her to my wedding but I felt too embarassed to do so. (I had only spent 7 hours of my life with her and had known her for less than 4 months.)

However, last night she brought me belated wedding gifts. Molasses, trivets and bowls made by hand in Haiti, where she was raised and where her parents still live as missionaries. Nestled inside was also a prayer book.

The best part about A is that when we talk it feels like we've been friends forever - there's comfort and trust in our conversations.

Hands down, she's the best part about the Fall Travel Season that has begun.

No comments: