Saturday, March 31, 2012

7 quick takes


1 - Aaahhh... boy bands...  I love this song, though I'll probably hate it by summer.  These boys are so little, like 13 year olds.  Is it silly of me that I wish NKOTB was singing this song?  Probably.  I also wish all men wore pants with the crotch in the crotch.  Ugh.

2 - Today I had a playdate with two friends whom I know from my college Newman Center days.  I hope that wherever you are you have friends like I have.  Friends who are funny, honest, thoughtful, and supportive.  Friends who love God and His Church and beer and $1 McDonald's ice cream cone bribes for good behavior.  It was a beautiful day, perfect weather at a park, a picnic lunch, 10 kids age 7 and under, and lots of good conversation.  So what if the conversations were always interrupted by a crying/whining/disobeying/tattling child?  It was perfect.

3 - I wrote a review of Hallie Lord's book Style, Sex & Substance over at IGNITUM TODAY.  Go check it out and share your opinion of the book in the combox! 

4 - Have you heard the good news about iusenfp.com?  Blogger friends Katie and Kayla are building a website filled with information on natural family planning.  It doesn't matter if you practice or are interested in nfp because of your religion, because of how "green" it is, because of infertility issues - there will be helpful resources and support.  They will include sympto-thermal, Creighton, NaPro Technology info, etc.  I encourage you to check them out, like them on Facebook, and snag yourself a button.
Best button ever.
5 - Lydia's birthday is coming up in early May.  She wants a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party which means I've been pinning things.  The funny thing is that there are four versions of Strawberry Shortcake. 
The one on the left, who I loved as a little girl, Lydia doesn't love. The one on the far right Lydia does not love, and I'm glad about that because she's a little too mature for me - not as sweet,cute, and little for my almost 4 year old.  The Strawberry in the middle was revamped with longer hair and uglier clothes before she morphed into the one on the right.  It's the Strawberry in the middle that Lydia loves - she's all about "working together" and "friendship".  I can live with that. 

6 - Speaking of Pinterest:

Why does everyone seem to want to put everything in a mason jar?  I wonder if this mostly appeals to people who don't otherwise eat food out of mason jars.  But since my mom has canned food and grape juice my whole life, and taught me once though I haven't tried it again, it's not cute and novel for me to eat food from one.  In fact, I always look at these things and think about what a pain in the butt it would be to prep the jar, bake the food in the jar, eat out of the jar, and then wash the jar again.  But maybe I'm just lazy. 

7 - Actually, I am lazy.  There's no way I would dye my cake batter 5 different colors and take the time to pour a little of each into a kabillion jars.  Or even one cake pan. 

5 comments:

Mia Jude said...

My favorite Strawberry Shortcake is still the one on the far left :)

Kayla @ Petersons On The Go said...

Thanks for the shout out Bonnie!
My sisters love Strawberry shortcake too. I admit, I enjoy reading her books to them :)

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Yeah, I'm also getting sick of so much rainbow stuff for the chillins on the Pinterest. Like, really? Who has the time or energy for all that? And who's gonna clean my bathroom if I'm in the kitchen dying food 13 different colors?

Stacy said...

I hadn't seen the newest Strawberry Shortcake but she is a far cry from "our" Strawberry Shortcake! The middle seems like a good compromise ;).

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the baking stuff in the jars ~ they're a pain to clean as it is! I like the blue jars for decoration, right now the clear jars are mostly used for bug/spider/tiny beast collections.

I too admire the 7 rainbow layers but would never do it. Cakes are too easy just plopped in a pretty bunt pan. They don't even need icing!