Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I am loving this

Maybe you're one of those people who hate snow.  You hate cold.  You are not happy that we just got 14" and a blizzard.  You probably have some good reasons for hating all this.

But right now I am one happy camper.

Travis has had two snow days and will be home again tomorrow.  We have baked home made cinnamon rolls, banana bread, and monster cookies.  I have read chapters in my book.  I took a nap.  I washed all the dishes.  I decorated for Valentine's Day.  I've been able to work on things for the Behold Conference.

I guess that what it all comes down to is that when Travis is home and has nothing else to do then he can help with the kids.  And I need all the help I can get.

Plus, ya know, there's all that yada yada stuff about the "magic of a snow day" blabbity blah blah blah.  Whatever.  I got to take a nap.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

That. is. awesome! God really does provide for us, does He not? So glad you're able to do some fun things and have the love of your life giving you a hand for a few days. Praise God!

Unknown said...

I love snow days too!

So sorry to hear that today was an rough one for Baby Ella. She's in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenny said...

I love snow days, too! It is standard policy at my work that if it snows, I can work from the home computer which means NO COMMUTE!!! YAY!!! Alas this snowstorm missed us. :(

Anna said...

i also got to take a nap yesterday! yessssss!!