Wednesday, October 6, 2010

prayer for the cookie swallow

Eternal Father, You alone grant us every blessing in Heaven and on earth, through the redemptive mission of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, and by the working of the Holy Spirit.



If it be according to Your Will, glorify Your servant, Fulton J. Sheen, by granting the favor I now request through his prayerful intercession - that James Fulton successfully take a bottle during his cookie swallow test at 8:45am Thursday and that he have continued success in transitioning from a feeding tube to a bottle.

I make this prayer confidently through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

I understand that not everyone who reads my blog is Catholic and so they are not comfortable asking dead people in Heaven to join us in praying for my son.  That's okay.  Just pray this prayer minus the part about Fulton Sheen.  ;)  For more details on the cookie swallow read the "good doctor" post below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify: once we are baptized into the Body of Christ, we do not die but live eternally. So asking Fulton Sheen to pray for us is not asking a dead guy to pray. It is akin to asking us to pray.

And I know you know that. I am just clarifying for your readers.

Jennifer said...

For the last several nights I have fallen asleep thinking about/praying for James. Now that didn't sound right. I don't mean the prayer puts me to sleep! I mean I can't go to sleep until I pray for him! *grin* Will be praying today. A quote I've heard made me think of you, "God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called." Whatever God calls you to through James will come along with grace sufficient to handle it.

Unschoolin' Family said...

prayers are with you this morning bonnie! i do pray for the healing of your beautiful son, and i pray that you will be at ease. remember that you are not alone, and no matter what happens, you will not be alone.
your image of fulton sheen, st. francis and our lady all in their cloaks/mantles is a beautiful one. keep that image with you. they all wrap you in their love.
jen

Anonymous said...

Hoping and praying the test went well today!

Bonnie said...

RCM, Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad you took the time to be a good apologist, unlike me, who was too lazy to clarify even though I thought about it. Geesh.

Suzanne Tietjen said...

Yay!