Wednesday, October 6, 2010

oh autumn, how I love thee...

Fall is my favorite time of the year, and for me it officially begins the first day I see the first combine in the field.  At this point, harvest is almost over with, but autumn will just keep on getting better because we still have the leaves changing color, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and many pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks to look forward to.  :)
Today I decided to load the kids up in the car and head to the orchard/pumpkin patch for some good October fun.
Unfortunately, on the way to our good ole October fun the gas pedal gave out on the van.  Fortunately, I was just outside of the town Trav works in and he was able to step out of class for a moment and basically restart my car to find that everything was fine.  Not sure what happened with that, but I hope to God that it won't happen again.
We took advantage of the wait for daddy to eat our Subway lunch and take pictures.

(look at little buddy's nose - all scraped up from falling  down the stairs)

Yay for Daddy - coming to our rescue!

Fun picture with our friend.  Lydia's on the left.

Bennet's thoughts on being the only boy.

Lydia, super excited about goats.

Playing on the train.

My friend Lisa and her two girls joined us at the orchard today.  It was so great to watch our kids play together, and probably my favorite part was when Lydia and E shared their ice cream with each other - feeding one another.  It was kinda weird but also really cute and super sweet.
And this might sound odd, but I came away from my afternoon with Lisa feeling like we'd been on a little date.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so glad to see you are managing to get some time to do some normal things with your other little ones. Their need for you does not go away while their brother is sick. I'm sure you spend a lot of time feeling torn in several directions. Please know you continue to be in my prayers.