Wednesday, February 3, 2010

to the woman who does everything well:

Reading your blog makes me feel bad about myself. 

Are you Queen Midas, because it seems like everything you do is golden, perfect, lovely, better.

Like, do you have to be even more beautiful as a mom than you were when you were 22?  I mean, couldn't there be something about you that wasn't as pretty?

And why do you have to accomplish everything you set your mind to?  And why do you set your mind to do the only things I'm any good at? 

I bet that since you've conquered those 2 things you'll move on to succeed at the things I'd like to be able to say I do but am too lazy to practice - like sewing, and scrapbooking, and knitting, and having my own garden, not just picking things from my parents'.  And then I bet you'll get a book deal and become a national speaker. (which is my secret dream!)

Do you secretly hate me?  Is that what this is all about?  Did I once say something stupid or insensitive and deep down you've been waiting to put me in my place?  No, I'm sure that's not it, because then you'd be just as sinful as I am and I'm pretty sure you are a way better Catholic than I.

It all just makes me want to give up, go to bed, and send my kids to be raised by you.  I'm pretty sure they'd be read to more often, do fun holiday-themed crafts, eat healthier foods, have a consistent schedule and only have 30 minutes of screen time a day - if that!

O! woe is me!

4 comments:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Hi Bonnie, you don't know me but I found your blog through a friend of mine (Alisha Landry) who knows a lot of people in IL. I love it! Thanks for being such an amazing Catholic woman-know that to some people YOU have the midas touch! Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog from time to time! I'm new to the blogging world...

Sarah Hedman said...

Bonnie - that woman is a phantom. she doesn't exist. it is easy to look good in a blog that you write about yourself. You are doing a wonderful job with your kids - possibly better than most of these bloggers. As long as you are eteaching your kids about Jesus, none of that other crap matters. having said that, i need to take my own advice. I don't even look at blogs becasue it makes me so upset most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie! Your lack of sleep is impairing your judgment! You are an incredible Catholic woman who, in your little corner of the internet, is inspiring so many of us! When you do get your book deal, will you autograph my copy?

And I'm sure Queen Midas is not all butterflies and sunshine. Her poo still stinks. Especially if she brags about losing all her baby weight within 3 months while eating a bag of oreos a week.

Hate her.

I mean, I'm sure she's a good person.

Bonnie said...

Kaitlin, Thank you for your kind words. And I don't mind you following my blog one bit. :)

Sarah, you're right. I have found that the blogs I like best are the most honest ones... so that's how I try to write. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Lisa, you're funny. And really, this woman I'm talking about is one main woman with bits of others thrown in. But still...

I don't know what's up with me and my on-going pity party. I'm actually quite happy with most aspects of life right now. hmmm...