Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who I'm voting for...

I like this post about the presidential candidates and their running mates.

Growing up I was a Democrat because my parents are Democrats. But I think that the older I get the more I like the idea of limited power for the federal government which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a typical Republican belief. This was something I realized while watching the HBO documentary John Adams (which was very good and you should rent it!). As Mr. Adams and Mr. Jefferson were arguing I noticed that I sided with good ole Tom a lot more.

It also doesn't hurt that Republicans vote against abortion. I don't know if I can say they're pro-life, though. To me, pro-life means you believe in the dignity of every human life: unborn babies, convicted felons, immigrants, the poor, etc.

Lately, I've been spending time here: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
and here: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/

Honestly, I consider myself an Independent, because both sides have goodness in them. But I didn't even vote for Obama to be my senator, why would I want him to be my president? I like some of the things he has to say. I like more of the things McCain has to say. And I don't like Biden at all. But I love Palin.

1 comment:

Xteener said...

I think that the original Republican party, from back in the day, was a pretty solid group of people. I like to think that I'm pretty open minded and have kept very up-to-date on this election (no matter how tired of it I become). But I can't help but think that this election is overly based upon race and gender. Two years ago, I would have gladly voted for McCain, I respected him as a politician very much. Two years ago, I didn't even know who Obama was and would have questioned his policy. But I think things have changed drastically over the last two years. Campaigns are being run for one purpose; to win. Not to better the country, not to make changes, but to win. These are the things I cannot vote for. So, for now, I am unable to make a solid decision based on policy but as for tactics, I can.

(Sorry, that got really long.)