Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bday Recap

There were dinners and family gatherings earlier in the week. M came and took me out to lunch today. My mother-in-law bought me a fantastic 4 disc Johnny Cash compilation. And Travis did a bang-up job of surprising me again and again.
First it was flowers and French toast awaiting me once I woke up.

Then it was my daughter's new onesie that I didn't even notice until I had finished my breakfast (which I ate in bed with my family).

On the way from Mass to the gym Travis slyly switched the radio over to a CD - the new Coldplay album for little ole me. (I love it!)

Once I got out of the shower my birthday carrot cake was waiting for me. :)

Then, while I was washing up some dishes, Travis brought Lydia to me. She was "holding" her present to me, wrapped in a receiving blanket. It was Stranger Than Fiction.

Mom showed up about 11 so Travis and I could go to lunch at Chili's.

That afternoon he made creme brulee. It was so good. :) I'm a very lucky woman.

5 comments:

Anna said...

wow. i'm jealous. jim needs to take lessons from travis. as in, lessons this week - my bday is friday!

glad you had a good one!!

Unknown said...

Yay I was hoping for a birthday blog! :) Sounds like you had a wonderful week and tons of great gifts and goodies. And high five to Travis for all the thoughtful things he did! Good husband. :)

Mia Jude said...

Wow..sounds like you had an awesome birthday and it was definitely well deserved! By the way...your daughter is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to play with her this week! Love you!

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of Travis to do all those things for you!!! And Stranger than Fiction is one of my favorite movies, too!

Xteener said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday. What a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have.