Friday, August 24, 2007

Cute Stories Featuring My Husband

Travis and I were talking one day and I mentioned that I'm nervous about having morning sickness during my travels. Getting sick in Chicagoland traffic or right before I do a presentation to a group of high schoolers would not be fun. Travis oh-so-cutely said, "Well at least you'll be fine in the afternoons. You can just schedule things so you're not on the road in the morning."
I then had to explain that morning sickness can happen at any time of the day.
"Well that's not a very good name, then."
You are so right about that one, babe.


******

Last night a very good friend of Trav's came over for dinner. Tobias is his full name and even if he weren't incredibly kind and fun I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt because his name is Tobias.
We made homemade pizza for Tobey and during the preparations I mentioned my pregnancy, assuming that Travis had already told him.
"What?! What?!" Tobey asked with a huge grin on his face.
"Alright! That's so exciting!" He gave us both high fives and hugs.
He then declared that we're having a girl.


*****

My husband is always warm. On days when I'm wearing a hoodie and socks he's finally comfortable in his shorts and tee. Last night as I was resting I asked if he would come and sit right next to me. For pete's sake, I'm carrying his child and I'd like to cuddle some.

However, he would not. He was hot. He was so hot, in fact, he was sweating. Sweating, I say, while I laid with a fleece blanket covering me. I suggested he take a cold shower to cool off and then come sit with me. He replied that soon the weather would be cold and I could then have all the snuggling I want - for he would be comfortable and I would be cold.

No comments: