Friday, May 18, 2012

7 quick takes


1 - This song is just delish.  I hope you enjoy it.

2 - Here's something else I love:  Lisa and Joel Schmidt's blog The Practicing Catholic.  They have all kinds of great content, they update frequently, and they're just plain wonderful.  Seriously, you can read the fluff I write, or you can read something interesting.  Or, you know, you could do both.  And ps - Lisa was one of our bloggers at the 2012 Behold Conference.  Pretty blonde with a baby.

3 - Also have a new found love for Kathryn Whitaker's blog and tweeting.  Check out Team Whitaker.  I especially appreciate what I've read under her Motherhood and The Preemie tabs.

4 - Lastly, Karen Edmisten has a great blog and a new book that I really, really, really want to read. 
I have a lot of respect for Karen and I'm so, so grateful that she's written a book about miscarriage.  I wish I would have had a good Catholic book on miscarriage when I was going through the loss of Peter, and I think it would probably still be helpful five years later. 

5 - I'll be honest, the internet sometimes makes me feel like I'm a freshman in high school looking across the cafeteria to the upperclass cool kids table.  (Doesn't that just sound so dorky?  But it's how I think.  Dork.)  Don't get me wrong, I have a very full, fun table myself and I love the friends I have. Sometimes I wish I knew - in real life - women like Lisa, Kathryn, Karen, Grace, HallieDwija, Katie, the Bright Maidens, Sarah.  They seem to be just as fabulous as my friends who I share playdates and texted prayer requests with.  And if you don't know them yet I strongly encourage you to check out their blogs, Facebook pages, and Twitter feeds.  They're funny, kind-hearted, and Catholic.

6 - Back to things I love.  This picture:
This print was done by the awesomely talented Jude Landry.  His wife Alisha and I met at a local Catholic moms' group and then they moved back to the South from whence they had come.  I don't think there was a direct connection between the timing of our meeting and their moving.  If you want to buy this print or something else similarly great check out Jude's store.

7 - And lastly, I love the tulips my loving husband brought home yesterday because tulips are my favorite flowers and I am overdue.  What a good man.

Have a good weekend, lovely people!  And check out more Quick Takes over at Jen's blog!

12 comments:

Jude and Alisha said...

Two things:
Thanks for the new band to check out.
And many more for promoting Jude's stuff!

This was such a selfless and giving Quick Takes - even though you more than deserve to moan and groan about being overdue for all 7 of them. You're better than I am and I bet God'll reward you for that.

Anonymous said...

First Time commenter, just wanted to say how much I love music and lament that there are very few quality musicians out there so upon hearing the Lumineers I was giddy and downloaded a few of their songs. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lisa Schmidt said...

You know what's funny, dear heart? I was so seriously going to write a "in praise of Bonnie" 7 QTs today because of all the great things you are doing! There's Pete's Sake, then I loved the tear-producing Ignitum post you shared with the perinatal Hospice info, then there was the Fulton Sheen video you made, etc. So have that baby this week and I'll do it next Friday! Got it?! :)

Thanks for the shout-out. Much love! Godspeed.

Lisa Schmidt said...

Jude & Alisha - good to meet you! Our 4-month old is named Jude, too. It's a solid name with such a beautiful meaning, if I must say so myself!

Katie said...

Bonnie,
I don't think I've commented here before, but maybe? Anyway, just wanted to say, I discovered Karen Edmisten and "After Miscarriage" just last week, ordered the book Sunday night, it arrived Tuesday, and I'm loving it. Its a beautiful book, definitely worth your money. I'm planning to send one to my sister as well.

Also, you're in my prayers. I hope baby comes soon and safely.

-Katie

Kayla @ Petersons On The Go said...

Once again, your 7 quick takes has given me a new band to listen to. Thanks! You and your baby are in my prayers, I hope you get to cuddle and bring your sweet baby home this weekend.

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I love the Lumineers song and love Jude's print. :) My husband will appreciate it, too. :)

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

You're the best, Bonnie. I'm so happy to have 'met' you. Behold next year, my friend. It has to happen!!!

Kathryn said...

Wow, so honored to be mentioned. Lisa and I should have met at ISU, but alas Twitter has brought us (and now you!) together. Oh happy day.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

Well, aren't you just the sweetest of sweet peas? Thank you, love! And right back atcha! I think you're one cool chica. xoxox

Dianna Kennedy said...

I love love love Kathryn as well ..... and Dwija, and Hallie, and Lisa .... so many amazing women on "The Twitter"!

I'm stopping by via Kate Wicker -- congratulations on that sweet baby!

Beth Anne @ Beth Anne's Best said...

I know what you mean. If my parish had people I could be friends with like the catholic women I meet on twitter my life would be 10x more awesome than it is :)