Friday, May 13, 2011

about the good Archbishop

So if you're here you know that we LOVE Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.  You also know that my family and I  - and probably most of you - believe that Almighty God brought my son James Fulton back to life and restored his health.  We believe this happened through the power of the Holy Spirit and the saving work of Jesus Christ.  We believe the prayers of the Body of Christ were and are an integral part in what happened with James, and we believe that the prayers of Archbishop Sheen were especially powerful.

We believe the simple fact that James is alive after being pulseless for 61 minutes is a miracle.  We believe the overwhelming evidence of how well he's doing proves another miracle.

We believe they are miracles to be attributed to the intercession of Archbishop Sheen.

But just to make sure everyone is on the same page, I want to intentionally state some things:

- The Archbishop Sheen Foundation, which is promoting Sheen's cause for canonization, is aware of what happened to James, but there have been many, many people who claim miracles through Sheen's intercession.  I encourage you to visit the prayers  section of their website to read the different stories.  God's goodness, mercy, and compassion is so apparent. 

- While we call James a "Miracle Baby" the Church would not consider him a miracle until a long, extensive investigation is completed.  If the Church says something is a miracle then you know medical and scientific experts all agree that there is no explanation for something being the way it is.

- At this time, James is technically an "alleged miracle."  We do not know if the Church will ever thoroughly investigate James' story. 

- James' alleged miracle is not the official miracle that will get Sheen beatified and it may not be used for his canonization.  I have no idea what miracles the Church will use.  We are not setting money aside for an upcoming trip to Rome.  ;)

- Any time I share information about James or Fulton Sheen or Sheen's canonization process I am only representing myself and my immediate family, not the Diocese of Peoria, the Archbishop Sheen Foundation, or the Vatican.

All that being said, I will continue to update you on James' continued progress.  Also, I would love the opportunity  to tell the awesome story of God's workings in James life.  If you are part of a Bible Study, youth group, or just want to get some friends together for some beers and a jaw dropping tale of God's goodness, please contact me. 

Thank you and God bless.

No comments: