Tuesday, February 8, 2011

so long, phenobarbitol!

Yesterday's appointment with the neurologist was great.  Dr. J continues to find James impressive, though he was troubled by the eczema / rash we just can't get rid of.  Thinking the skin problems may be related to the phenobarb, and knowing that James hasn't had a seizure since he was 5 hours old, Dr. J suggested we try weening James off the medication.  By mid March we will be done with it!

I believe that James will never have another seizure in his life, but I do still pray that if he does I am able to identify it immediately.  Please join me in that prayer, and in thanking God for His goodness.

6 comments:

Ashley Anderson said...

I'm continually praying for James and your beautiful family. I'm happy you received more good news today! :)

Anonymous said...

Bonnie from Aunt Nita. I am so excited about the weeing of his seizure meds although I did feel that his skin looked so much better when I saw him Sunday. He has grown so much and is just the cutest little guy. I was so happy that Bert brought him by and we could hang out. I will pray that all goes well for all of James tests and that he consistently amazes everyone. He is amazing and we love him so.

Sarah Hedman said...

yayayayay!! Yet another victory for the glory of God! I will continue to pray!

denise said...

Praise the Lord! With God, nothing is impossible. May James continue to develop as the Lord has ordained, perfect in HIS image and likeness.

God bless

Alison T said...

Bonnie, I've been praying for you guys since I started reading your blog a few months ago. James is truly a miracle, and this is awesome news!

Unknown said...

Awesome news, Bonnie! I unfortunately know a lot about that medicine because of my nephew Nate. Will continue to pray that he stays seizure free! ♥