Friday, December 17, 2010

7 quick takes


-1-
Yesterday was a baking day at our house.  Mom, sister-in-law, Lydia and I tackled peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate crinkles, snickerdoodles, orange shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, and spritz cookies.  It was a lot of fun and produced a ridiculous amount of sweets.
Clearly.

-2-
Today we be visited by a therapist of some kind.  She's going to assess James so that at the Early Intervention meeting next week everyone will have a good picture of how James is doing six weeks after leaving the hospital.  I think she's going to be impressed!

-3-
Speaking of James... he's three months old now!  Isn't that amazing?! 

-4-
Here's a quick confession:  we haven't been very good about the Jesse Tree.  We don't do it daily, more like every four days.  It's there, it looks good, Lydia loves hanging the ornaments on it, but for some reason I just walk past it time and time again.  The other thing I should mention about the Jesse Tree is that it's really hard to explain ancient prophecies to a two year old who - for some reason - has a hard time even remembering the names of the first man and woman.  If it's a religious-y kind of question Lydia usually defaults to "God," "Jesus," or "Mary" as her answers.

-5-
I've been updating my little recipe box blog a lot more recently.  There's a couple good, new recipes over there, if you'd like to check it out.  There's also some weekly menus.  My hope is to be more consistent with weekly menus, and incorporate some of the delicious meals that people made for us into them.  I encourage / challenge you to leave your latest meal plan in the comment box of my meal plan, or post your own if you too are a blogger.

-6-
Quick Reminder!
If you haven't registered for the Behold Conference yet, you only have eleven more days of mail delivery to get yours in and receive the $10 discount! 
I registered - I hope to see you all there, too!
Go to http://www.beholdconference.com/ for more information, and to print off a registration form.
And please remember that there are partial and full scholarships available for those who cannot afford the $35 registration fee!

-7-
Because of how great you all have been in supporting my family and me since James' birth, and you are deeply connected to us through your prayers and sacrifices for James' miraculous healing,

You are warmly invited, during the joyful Season of Christmas, to help us celebrate James' miraculous life and his Sonship of the Father.
James was Baptised at birth, but the anointing and godparent promises will  be celebrated on

Sunday, January 2, 2011
during the 9am Mass
at St. Luke's Catholic Church
Eureka, IL

A celebratory brunch will follow in the church hall.

4 comments:

Jude and Alisha said...

Yeah, the Jesse Tree has been hard for Joan, too. I need to find some better kid-friendly reflections than the ones from this year that I thought would be great. I say we give it another year or two, huh?

Molly said...

If it makes you feel any better, Bonnie, we haven't been keeping up with our Jesse Tree either. I tend to unintentionally forget to do it on the days that Brandon isn't home and then we catch up a bit on the weekend. And my kids don't get it either but they enjoy the ornaments and they get it a little better this year than last so give it time.
Also we use this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Jesse-Tree-Geraldine-McCaughrean/dp/0802852882/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292649050&sr=8-1
We enjoy it for the most part because it puts the whole thing into more of a story format which I think is easier for the younger kids to pay attention to. Just thought I'd share :)

LoveNeverFails said...

Hey! Need an update on the MRI results! I've been checking every couple of hours now. :-)

Anna said...

You are doing great! We did not start the Jesse tree till my oldest was 5 or 6 years old. (I don't think we even got it out last year because we had so many medical issues going on) If they don't get it, it's ok! They will grow into it and remember it as a fond memory when they are much older.
Happy Advent. God Bless you!