Sunday, October 31, 2010

update on James

The little guy's g tube is leaking.  Pretty bad.  Last night he lost almost half of his feeding at one point.  So while he was maybe going to come home today or tomorrow, that has now been moved to Wednesday or Friday, or Christmas.

Okay, not Christmas, but I'm not completely ruling it out either.

Oh, and just so you don't worry, leaking was expected.  I guess all g tubes leak some, but his is just leaking a little too much for it to be safe for him to come home.

Along with getting his g tube under control, they also have to do another MRI on him.  They tried to do one but he squirmed too much and couldn't complete it.  So he will have to have anaesthesia for the next one, and they always keep babes 24 hours in house to make sure they wake up fine.  Other than that, he's ready to come home.

Am I ready for him to come home?  Yes and no.  But I'm really scared.  I'll write a post about that later, though.

2 comments:

Ashley Anderson said...

I'm praying for you every day. Keep girding your heart with hope!

Melissa said...

It is okay to be scared, as long as you are aware of the difference between being scared and aware and being scared and letting it hinder you, which I am sure you won't. You have been so amazing through all of this. I admire you so much and will continue to pray for you and your family. I know you will do great, you were put on earth for this by our Gracious Heavenly Father.