Monday, December 8, 2008

Jolly old St. Nicholas

Saturday was the feast of St. Nicholas. Last year I wrote a little post about this awesome saint. This year I'm going to tell you what an awesome man I am married to and how great my mom is.

After a couple of secret conversations between the two of them for a couple of weeks I knew something was up, I just didn't know what. And then this happened:

Lydia had stayed the night at my Mom's (reason #1 she's awesome). I woke up at 6am with the need to pump. This woke Travis up and he asked if I was up for good. No, I said, I wanted to sleep some more.

However, after the pumping I was hungry and we decided to make pancakes. (Reason #1 Travis is awesome.) After breakfast we went back to bed - he has to keep me warm, he's seriously a space heater. After I was warm he got up and said he needed to take care of stuff in the kitchen. To be honest, I thought that was a little fishy, because I had just done the dishes and we'd already had breakfast, and then when I heard him opening things I got really suspicious. But I told myself, "Bonnie, you're too damn nosy. Just stay in bed."

And I'm glad I did because when I came got out of bed a little bit later, tucked between the ottoman and sofa was a pair of (knock off) Wellies filled with PB MnM's, Dots (my fave candies), chocolates and an itunes gift card. The Wellies were from my Mom, everything else came from Trav.

But all Travis said was, "Looks like St. Nicholas was here!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got your Wellies! What a good man. :)

Anna said...

If you want to share your pb m&m's, let me know. :)