Monday, October 13, 2008

Katie's good idea

I'm going to feature some good ideas from my friend, Katie. This is the first one.

The centerpiece of her kitchen table is a bowl filled with Scrabble pieces. She bought an incomplete game at a second hand store. Clearly, she uses it to decorate for the season, but she also uses it as a conversation starter. It is inevitable that when you sit at her table you will begin to spell out words and string together phrases, almost unconsciously. It's fun to see what everyone doodles out.
I love this idea but won't be doing it until we get to a point where Scrabble pieces are not the same things as choking hazards.

2 comments:

Maiasaura said...

hmmm, i have one of those, also from a thrift shop. that is a great idea. don't know if my letters would stay in a bowl. i have a feeling i'd find them scattered all over the house, which might drive me batty. maybe i'll try it in a year or so.

Anonymous said...

I'm very flattered that you like my ideas Bonnie, and I'm enjoying getting to decorate before I have to worry about choking hazards and the like!