Thursday, August 21, 2008

Newly Professed


Sr. Mariam Caritas of the Lamb of God is home on a visit! She professed her first vows on Friday, the Feast of the Assumption. The Sisters of Life take the same 3 vows as all religious: poverty, chastity and obedience; they also take a 4th vow to defend and protect the sacredness of life. With her profession also came a title "of the Lamb of God."
It's so fun being Catholic and friends with nuns.
Sr.'s visit was her first time seeing the house and Lydia in person. We talked a lot about married life and being a mother and her experiences at World Youth Day and assignments at the convent. She also taught me how to make hummus which makes me and my husband very happy and very grateful. Real Lebanese hummus! So much better than anything I've found on allrecipes.
One of the things I realized while we were speaking is how much I actually am enjoying being a SAHM. Sr. asked me to tell her what I liked best about being a mom and I couldn't say, although I did eventually tell her about when we sleep in together and then Lydia awakes cooing and all smiles. But really, the reason I couldn't come up with an answer is not because there's nothing I like about being a SAHM, it's because there's nothing I like best about it. I love taking care of her and interacting with her. I don't even mind the poopy diapers. The only thing I dislike is when she won't stop crying, but that's not too often any more.
It seems that the Gates of Heaven were open pretty wide on the Feast of the Assumption. My heart has been changing a great deal since that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister looks so beautiful and so happy!!! :D Awesome! -ra

Mia Jude said...

Great post..I am so happy things are becoming clearer for you..I wish only peace and happiness for you! Love you Bonnie!

Jackie said...

I am happy for you too Bonnie for realizing more how much you love you true vocation to be a mom. I think when we are in the midst of life and living sometimes we think the grass is always greener on the other side. I know I do it. That is why we need the constant support of loving family and friends. Take care Bonnie.

PS. Could I please get that hummus recipe?? I absolutely love hummus.