Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Latest

1 - Travis got a new job. It's still a bit of a drive, but is 12 miles closer, saving a gallon of gas a day and adding 20 more minutes to his day. It's a block schedule, which he likes, and he'll be teaching Honors Physics, Physics and Environmental Science. It's a good district with some growth in recent years due to Cat employees building in the town. Go Gray Ghosts!

2 - Lydia can carry on a "conversation" with her cooing and babbles. She is successfully reaching and grabbing things and is on the way to being able to turn over. She gets cuter every day.

3 - We have a new renter for upstairs. He's a friend from EC (he actually took over my job at the college).

4- We set up the crib in the dining room. There's no room for it in our room and sometimes I'm ready for her to no longer be sleeping by us. Other times I'm not so ready for it, though. Tonight will be her first night in the crib - we'll see how it goes.

5 - The intro class Trav was going to teach at the college was cancelled - which is actually good for us because he now has more time to get things ready for the new renter upstairs.

6 - I am addicted to sugar and have been comfort eating a great deal. Therefore, my trips to the gym may be building up muscle, but they are not making my belly fat go away.

7 - We're painting the living room a light, warm yellow called Summer Wish. I like it.

8- We've been watching the HBO mini series John Adams and we've been LOVING it. Rent or Netflix it - you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a busy lady! :) Can I give a piece of advice about moving her out of your room? Well, I'm going to anyways. ;) Don't rush it and don't stress about it! We tried to move Jonah out very early on and of course he wouldn't and I was bawling thinking he would be sleeping with us until he was 18! Now I wish I would have just chilled out. He was in our room (in his bassinet) until he was 3 months old, then I started putting the bassinet top in his crib for a couple weeks and then transitioned him out of that. So if she freaks out at first don't worry, but if she likes it then great! :) Good luck!