Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shower

Yesterday my friends threw me a baby shower.

Highlights:
-that Heather seriously gave me designer burp cloths, which makes me feel like a celebrity.
-the handmade scrapbook created by Katie, Lydia's godmother.
-the cake, made by Kim, and absolutely beautiful and delicious.
-finding out Kim is moving to Madison to begin her post college life there.
-that my friends gave me wipes, but not diapers, knowing we're doing cloth.
-that people drove for hours to get there.

When asked to talk about the birth and life as a new mom I was incredibly honest. There was no holding back as I described how horrible of an experience the labor was and how difficult being a new mom is, especially when there are all sorts of breastfeeding problems and a fussy baby.

Despite my depressing news, it was still a lot of fun. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did. :)







No comments: