Monday, December 3, 2007

Advent

Advent has come and I'm thrilled. I love this liturgical season. I love being reminded that Christ has died, Christ is risen and Christ will come again. This is so exciting to me.
Preparing for Christmas - for the gift of a savior - and looking forward to that moment when we can truly REJOICE is thrilling. I'm crazy with anticipation.

Recently I have been thinking a lot about the Second Coming Christ. I have also been thinking about the fact that I do not know when I will die. It could be tonight; who knows.
I'm having these thoughts in part because of the loss of Peter Mark. But also because I have been a much grumpier person since becoming pregnant. Every day I am short with someone or judgemental or impatient. After my moment of frustration or fury has left I feel embarrassed by my rudeness and lack of humility. I am trying to be ready for Him. I'm trying to keep my wicks trimmed. Because when I do meet Him, whether He comes to me or I go to Him, I really don't want Him to ask me about why I didn't take care of such and such. I want a firm,"Well done, good and faithful one."

No comments: