Friday, May 18, 2007

The Soundtrack of Our Lives

A day or two ago I was having a bad day and so like most normal people I alphabatized my CD collection. This task proved to be slightly embarassing but fun as I had to look at all the music I've ever bought.


CD's that meant I was cool in 6th - 9th grades:
N*SYNC
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's
Empire Records soundtrack
Newsies soundtrack


CD's that meant I was cool in 10th - 12th grades:
Rusted Root - When I Woke
The Adventures of the O.C. Supertones
The Miseducation of Lauren Hill (This one is still great.)
Dashboard Confessional - when it was just Chris and his guitar and no radio play


CD's that meant I was cool in college:
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Saves the Day - Stay What You Are
Ben Folds - Rockin the Suburbs
Modest Mouse - Good News...
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Elliot Smith - Figure 8

CD's I still love, I don't care what you say. Though I like to believe they reflect a refined, yet pop-loving appreciation for timeless music and artists - no matter the scandals or fads. They're just really stinkin' good.
Van Morrison and the Chieftans - Irish Heartbeat
Nickle Creek - This Side
Cake - Comfort Eagle
The Legend of Johnny Cash
Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
Joni Mitchell - Blue